Welcome to Preshute School
We aim to provide memorable, pertinent learning experiences that are engaging and whet the appetite for further learning, which are enriching, purposeful and challenging helping to accelerate pupil progress and attainment.
Based on the values of love, compassion, kindness, openness and respect, our Christian principles underpin all that we do at Preshute Primary School. Our children are delightful and our community flourishes on the mutual respect we have for each other.
Please take some time to look at the myriad of activities and learning opportunities that our school offers.
Calendar of Events
Term Dates for September 2018-July 2019
Click here for the term dates for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please note that Monday 3 September is a TD day at Preshute Primary School and so the first day back at school for the new term will be Tuesday 4 September 2018.
Preshute Calendar of Events
Click below for the school's calendar of events for November-December 2018 (Term 2).
Term 2 calendar of events
Christmas Fair - Friday 7 December - 3pm!!
We hope you will all be able to join in the festivities at the Preshute Primary School Christmas Fair on 7 December. The PPSA, Class Reps and teaching staff are all busy with preparations. Look out shortly for the inter-class Christmas classroom decorating competition!
Clubs commencing September 2018
ALL Term 1 clubs start week commencing 10 September, except netball, which starts on the 20th. You can now pay for all clubs via ParentMail. Otherwise, click here for a permissions slip to complete with payment and return to the school office.
Click here for more details about our clubs.
Clubs overview for the 2018/19 academic year
Click here for the clubs timetable (so far) for the 2018-19 academic year.
P.E. sessions for 2018-19 academic year
The children’s P.E. sessions are as follows:
- Reception - Monday and Tuesday
- Year 1 - Monday and Wednesday
- Year 2 - Monday and Wednesday
- Year 3 - Tuesday and Thursday (note: when swimming starts, this will replace the Thursday P.E. session)
- Year 4 - Tuesday and Thursday (note: when swimming starts, this will replace the Thursday P.E. session)
- Year 5 - Friday (and Wednesday after swimming stops)
- Year 6 - Friday (and Tuesday after swimming stops)
Preshute Primary School in the News
Marlborough in Bloom Art Competition - Prizes for Preshute Pupils
Click here to read about the surprise visit by the Mayor to present prizes to the winners of the 2018 Marlborough in Bloom art competition.
News Archive 2017-18
- Fitness Drive: Click here to read about our recent Sports Week and the health benefits of the pupils' Daily Mile.
- Helping the environment with our new Rain Garden: Read about the lovely new rain garden we have created with Action for the River Kennet to help reduce air pollution and protect the River Kennet: Gazette and Herald article; Marlborough News article
- Preshute Nativity Rocks 'n' Rolls: Click here to read the report from Marlborough News on the school's 2017 nativity service at the Marlborough College chapel.
- GB Paralympian leads Preshute pupils in fitness circuit: On 3 November 2017 Preshute pupils received a visit from GB Paralympic sprinter Katrina Hart. Click here to read about the pupils' sponsored fun fitness class with Katrina, their "spotty dog" exercises and "grass hoppers"!
- New books galore!: We were delighted to invite the Marlborough Mayor, Cllr Mervyn Hall, to officially open our newly revamped library. Local author, Debi Evans and her dog, Rolo, also attended the official cutting of the ribbon! Click here to read more.
- LitFest Flashmob: Our Year 2 pupils, together with pupils from seven other local primary schools, took part in a LitFest Flashmob dance in Marlborough High Street to mark the beginning of the annual the Marlborough Literature Festival on 28 September 2017.
- A special service to welcome our Reception 'Buddies': Year 6 and their Year R Buddies took part in a special service at St George's Church. Click here to learn more about Preshute's special buddy system and the welcome service they held in September.