Because we are a Voluntary Controlled School, the Local Authority (LA) is responsible for admission procedures. However, application forms can be obtained from the school office or online via the LA website (click here to visit the relevant page). They can also be accessed by clicking on the links below.
When you have the form you need, simply fill out any requested details and return it to the address supplied within.
Please Note: If you’re applying for a primary school place with a September 2021 start, you can apply online or via a paper application form from 1st September 2020. The closing date for all applications is 15th January 2021.
How Applications Are Considered
While every effort is made to make a place available for your child in our school, there is a limit on the number we can take. Each year-group has one single form. Year groups have a maximum of 30 children each, a figure set by the LA and agreed with the Governors and Headteacher. If the number of children wanting a place is below this figure, all will be admitted. If there are too many children applying for that year group, the LA gives priority according to their own admissions criteria. This ‘over-subscription criteria’ is as follows (in descending order):
- ‘Vulnerable Children’ (which includes ‘Looked After Children’), children from families registered with the National Asylum Support Service, and children with a severe medical condition.
- In-area siblings (including step, half, and foster siblings) where an older sibling is on roll at Preshute already and not in their final year at this school. They must also live within the designated area at the same address as the older sibling.
- Other in-area children – those children who live within the designated area but do not have siblings attending the school.
- Children who live outside the school’s designated area but have an older sibling at the school that resides at the same address.
- Any other child for whom none of the above criteria apply.
For more details, please consult Wiltshire Council’s Admission Arrangements:
Wiltshire Council School Admissions Contact Details
Telephone: 01225 713010
Fax: 01225 713775
Transfer to Secondary School
At the end of year 6, children transfer to secondary school, with the majority of our children going to St John’s, Marlborough. Applications for a place at secondary school must be made through Wiltshire Council in the Autumn term of Year 6.
Note: for admissions for September 2022, the deadline will be 31 October 2021. Your child will bring home a form or you can apply online.
Transfer arrangements for our Year 6 pupils going to St John’s are sent to parents during the Spring Term prior to their children starting in September. These arrangements include visits to Preshute by St John’s staff, visits made to St John’s by our Year 6 pupils and Parents Evenings when you can visit the school and meet the teachers who will be directly involved with your child/children.